Boone 5 Disc is the gateway to carbon in our cyclocross lineup. It's a fully race-ready cyclocross bike, with a lightweight carbon frame and Front and Rear IsoSpeed to take the edge off rough courses. Cross-specific components, a geometry designed with input from pro racers, hydraulic disc brakes, and a 1x11 drivetrain make it a great choice for racers and gravel riders alike.
It's right for you if...
You're a cyclocross racer or gravel rider looking for the performance advantage of course-smoothing Front and Rear IsoSpeed and a lightweight OCLV Carbon frame.
The tech you get
An ultra-lightweight 600 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Front and Rear IsoSpeed, a 1x11 SRAM Rival 1 drivetrain, and powerful flat mount hydraulic disc brakes that provide precision stopping power in even the messiest conditions.
The final word
Every aspect of Boone 5 Disc, from its proven CX geometry to its Quick Connect removable water bottle cage, was optimized with serious cyclocross aspirations in mind, but its versatility makes it the perfect companion when the race day is over, too.
Why you'll love it
1. Carbon rules on the cross course—it's lighter, more forgiving, and more efficient than aluminum
2. The combination of Front and Rear IsoSpeed cuts down on the fatiguing impacts of rough courses and increases compliance, giving you more traction when it matters
3. Cross-specific design details like the Quick Connect removable water bottle cage and a 1x drivetrain add up to a better ride
4. Boone's cross-specific geometry and tube shapes make shouldering easy so you can dominate all aspects of a race, including run-ups
|Frame||600 Series OCLV Carbon, Front & Rear IsoSpeed, E2 tapered head tube, BB90, flat mount disc brakes, hidden fender mounts, internal control routing, 3S chain keeper, Ride Tuned seatmast|
|Fork||Trek IsoSpeed Cross full carbon disc, E2 steerer, flat mount disc brakes|
|Headset||Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
Front: 12mm thru axle
Rear: 142 x 12mm thru axle
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Tubeless Ready Disc|
Front: Bontrager alloy sealed bearing
Rear: Bontrager alloy centerlock
|Tires||Bontrager CX3 Team Issue, 120tpi, aramid bead, 700x32c|
|Crankset||SRAM Rival 1|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Rival 1|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM PG-1130, 11-32, 11 speed|
|Shifters||SRAM Rival, 11 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Race VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts|
|Brakes||SRAM Rival flat mount hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails|
|Seat Post||Bontrager Ride Tuned Carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.